Saturday, October 10, 2009

Elly Extravaganza, Four Seasons

So remember that little pirouette that Elly's return plane ticket was doing? Well, it decided to surprise us all and take a flying leap to Thursday instead of Sunday. God knows how, but Elly came back to Hawi one afternoon with a boarding pass in her hand and told me she was leaving the day after tomorrow. And she had a plan. She wanted to go out in style and live it up big on her last night in Hawaii. She booked a posh room at the Four Seasons and we decided to lay around the pools and drink fancy cocktails all day with umbrellas. A little taste of the typical tourist vacay.


We were not disappointed by the Four Seasons. It had three gorgeous pools to choose from, a long white sand beach, deliciously comfy beds and leis waiting for us when we checked in. There was even a young man whose only job was to clean our sunglasses and ask if we'd like an Evian spritz to cool us down. We managed to pass an entire delightful day with playing gin rummy in the pool and trying to convince someone to light our drinks on fire (disappointingly there are regulations against such fun).


To Elly's delight, our room came with robes which worked perfectly as a holster for her new love--le machete.


And when I unpacked my things at the hotel, I found to my great delight that Cassandra was hiding in the depths of my luggage. I had lost her a few weeks before and was worried that my little orange companion was gone forever. A few nights before Elly and I had made a clay model in the hopes of luring her back to me. Sort of like a talisman or something. I even said some voodoo chants to bring her home.


Apparently, the talisman worked...it was an ecstatically joyful reunion. Really, I think she was just waiting for the right time to make her grand re-entrance. She showed up just in time for the Perrier-Jouët and sunset. I always knew she had a flare for the dramatic.



No comments:

Post a Comment