Saturday, May 1, 2010

Provence




I'm in a bit of a hurry, but wanted to just post something quick about my first week. I arrived in Aix-en-Provence on Monday (my new home base for the next couple of months. It is lovely and picturesque and charming. There are perfect markets every other day in the squares with delicious cheese and bread and charcuterie of every type imaginable. There are cafes full of beautiful people and shops of elegant European clothes everywhere. Exactly what you'd expect from the elegant south of France.

Elly and I are of course running around like frantic Americannes wanting to see and do everything in the area. My second day here we went to Marseilles to see the Notre Dame cathedral. It sits on the tallest cliff in the town of Marseilles, guarding the harbor and residents. It is beautifully restored and maintained. We lit candles and I prayed for just one moment of perfect clarity during my time here.

More adventures to follow soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment