Thursday, July 23, 2009

In the Beginning, There Were Oysters


It all started with a delicious dish of killer-cheap oysters. I was visiting my sister in New York and we decided to rest our weary bones at Fish in Soho. The best deal on the menu is the Red, White and Blue Special: six blue points and a PBR for $8. Heaven on a half shell.

During the second round with darling sister, I had an oyster-induced epiphany: the next six months of my life will be characterized by only two things, eating and moving. Until then, my life had seemed so complicated and crazy, but these little mollusks were singing a song of simplicity. New York was the first leg on my journey. After that its off to Portland, Seattle and then six months in Hawaii learning about sustainable farming. If ever there were a worthy subject for a self-involved blog, this was surely one of the more interesting ones.

Thus, the genesis of a blog about two very simple things that make a lot of people very happy: eating and moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment