Sunday, August 30, 2009

Things You Stop Worrying/Caring About When You Live on a Farm in Hawaii

  1. Dusty feet
  2. Having bugs crawl all over you
  3. Fences (no one minds if you climb their fence to get to the water)
  4. Being abducted while hitch-hiking (usually you get picked up by a mom in a mini-van)
  5. Goat shit
  6. Wild boars
  7. Tan lines
  8. Boys (new ones at least)
  9. Waking up on time (the goddamn rooster loves to crow right outside my window in the mornings and I in turn harbor fantasies of building chicken tasers)
***This post is dedicated to Jaime, McSweeney's and 826 Valencia Street, SF

3 comments:

  1. I just finished reading this blog and found it to be interesting reading. Thanks for posting it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smiling ear to ear! Love getting dedications, and love reading top tens a la McSweeneys. I resonate with each item, particularly #5, though I admit, I still cared a little. You are a far stronger woman than I. Love you!

    ReplyDelete